For a Spicy, Chilli Indian evening.
The dinner countdown is on (yet again), and you have less than an hour before that television show the kids are being occupied with (thankfully!) is over.
Here’s the solution:
Spicy Vegetarian Chili, made is 40 minutes or less! No joke!
This veggie chili recipe from Meatless and Marvelous, creates the perfect winter meal. It’s hearty and satisfying, spicy enough to warm you up, and also very healthy! And what’s even better is that carnivores won’t notice there is no meat in it, it’s so good.
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can blackeye peas or black beans
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup salsa
1 chopped tomato or 1 can diced tomatoes
1 red onion
1 package veggie crumbles
2 cloves garlic
1 bell pepper
1 tbsp cumin (seeds or ground)
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp tamarind concentrate
1 tsp brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
salt to taste
1. In a wok, heat 1 tbsp oil. When hot, add cumin seeds. When they start to sizzle, add chopped onion and garlic.
2. After onion and garlic brown slightly, add chopped bell pepper, jalapeno, and tomato.
3. Cook on high until it forms a paste-like consistency.
4. Add veggie crumbles, beans, and all remaining vegetables.
5. Add all spices, salt, salsa and two cups water. Reduce heat to medium and bring to a simmer.
6. Once at a simmer, add tamarind paste and brown sugar.
7. Simmer for 5-10 minutes on medium low.
8. Garnish with cilantro and serve with grated cheese on top!
Good luck, and get cooking!
Please subscribe to Fast Food Mom & follow us on Facebook! ❤
- Vegetarian Chili Night! (flabtofabnow.wordpress.com)
- Vegetarian Chili (laceysrecipebook.wordpress.com)
- Sweet and Spicy Red Lentil Chili (cooktolove.com)
- Vegetarian Crock Pot Chili (applebutterharmony.wordpress.com)
- Vegetarian Chili (cookinginkarachi.wordpress.com)