- 1 Cup unsalted margarine
- 1 Cup unrefined cane sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light molasses
- 4 Tablespoons Firm Tofu, pureed
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 Cups unbleached flour
- 1/4 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1.5 Cups chocolate chips
- Preheat to 350°F.
- Cream margarine, sugar and molasses with electric beaters or in heavy-duty mixer until light and fluffy
- Add tofu purée and vanilla; beat for 1 more minute
- Mix flours, soda and salt in small bowl. Add to creamed mixture and mix at low speed with the electric mixer or lightly with a rubber spatula, blending in all flour
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes
- Cool on wire rack
The result with be soft, scrumptious and chewy chocolate cookies that (surprise!) can even provide your family with a bit of protein for the day.
If you are anything like me, you like your cookies extra chewy. If so, be sure to always take the cookies out of the oven a bit earlier than the full cooking time, don’t put the rack in the oven too high up there, and flatten the globs of dough just a bit in order to ensure that it cooks evenly (Kuty’s tips!).
Eat your heart out!
Please subscribe to FastFoodMom & follow us on Facebook! ❤