Getting a manicure and/or pedicure while pregnant is one of the best ways to relax, feel better and to treat yourself while you are pregnant. But is it safe?
Nowadays many nail salons have taken drastic steps to ensure proper ventilation and sanitation for the health of all of their customers, but will likely be most appreciated by their pregnant patrons.
According to Mary Lake Polan, an OB-GYN contributor for BabyCenter.com, getting a manicure or pedicure done every few weeks is probably just fine as long as the salon has good ventilation. And this may simply be because pregnant women are more sensitive to fowl fumes, which in turn can cause nausea (and who would really want that just for a pretty set of nails… I know I wouldn’t!).
Pedicures in particular can be most enjoyable (and necessary!) for pregnant women in their third trimesters since it can be impossible to see, let alone clip, your own nails. And let’s face it, a little massage and pampering can’t hurt when you’re carrying that extra load for so long!
If you are still concerned, be sure to talk to your doctor about this issue at your next appointment. But, according to most experts, I’d say go and have fun selecting your nail color… question is, which will it be? Blue or Pink?
Please subscribe to FastFoodMom & follow us on Facebook! ❤
- Beauty Byte: ROBB Aims to Nail the Salon Market (bellasugar.com)
- Get the Most From Your Manicure With Seche Vite (bellasugar.com)
- Love It or Hate It: Watermelon Pedicure (bellasugar.com)
- Jennifer Garner Looks Super Pregnant, Takes Daughters To Nail Salon [PHOTOS] (socialitelife.com)
- Shellac nails at home (goerieblogs.com)
- Nail Salon Nightmare: Mani-Pedis May Give You Hepatitis B. ~ Dr. Joseph Mercola (elephantjournal.com)