Rumour says that Home-baking is the new trend in 2012? Our research indicates that people want more down to earth simple food that is more organic and containing natural ingredients only. There is a burning passion for people will become more experimental, trying out some baking that is a little trickier in particular macaroons and artisan breads.
Baking is Simple and Fun. We will show you how.
- 1-2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/4 cup warm milk 105F
- Mix the milk, melted butter, and honey in a bowl and microwave until it reaches 110-120F. Stir in the yeast and let sit until mixture is foamy, about 10 min.
- Combine the 2 cups of bread flour with the salt. Slowly adding to the yeast mixture. Stir in the all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough no longer sticks to the bowl (I needed about 1 3/4 cups). Knead mixture by hand on a floured surface for 10 minutes until dough is soft and pliable.
- Place the dough in a large, lightly oiled bowl, then flip the dough bottom side up to lightly coat it with the oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a dish towel and allow the dough to rise in a warm place for about 30-60 min. or until doubled in size.
- Empty the dough from the bowl and split it in half. Roll each half into a rectangle about 10×14″. Starting with the 10″ side, roll the dough up, pinching together as you go to make a log. Pinch all seams together with moist fingers. Fold ends under and place dough seam side down in a well-greased bread pan. Cover pans loosely with plastic wrap and a dish towel and let rise for another 30-60 min. or until doubled in size.
- Bake in preheated 400F oven for about 25 min. Remove from pans and let cool on a cooling rack before slicing.
Please subscribe to FastFoodMom & follow us on Facebook! ❤
fastfoodmom.com / fastfoodmom.wordpress.com / fastfoodmom.blogspot.com
- The Best Cinnamon Rolls Ever! (easygoingorganizer.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Wheat Bread (jenniferessary.wordpress.com)
- Gluten-free baking with recipes (blogs.vancouversun.com)
- Easy No-Knead Bread Recipe for Beginners (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Black Rye Bread (suburbhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Obsessed With Baking Bread (sunnysideellen.wordpress.com)
- Walmart Recalls Cruller Bakery Pastries Due To Mislabeled Milk Allergen (fda.gov)
- Batory and Kemira Join Forces to Form New Partnership (prweb.com)